Friday, January 4, 2013

A New Year - 2013

Happy New Year!!

Where did 2012 go?  I had just retired this time last year and was looking forward to the year with great anticipation.  February rolled around and I was blessed with the opportunity to take a part-time job - big enough to fund some extras, but not take all my time.  I have a 4-day weekend EVERY week!  Talk about too good to be true...

2012 passed with knitting and sewing and reading and gardening and cycling and hanging out with my DH, John.  We exercised and cooked more and ate out far less resulting in a maintained weight loss of 16 pounds.

So onto 2013...

I'm not one for making resolutions because that just makes me feel guilty and I fight that enough already.  Last year without realizing it, I looked for a theme that I wanted to to tackle - like "Cook More" that  had great results.  Now that "Cook More" is an established way of life I'm turning to my attention to thoughts of this year's theme.

Not in a "make me feel guilty" way - but in a "because it's important" way - I want to pray more, volunteer more, share more, and finish more.

Not all once because then none will happen - but in 2013 - yes...

Blessings ~ Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment