Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Another Day

Today is November 18, 2015 and it has been over 2 years since I have even thought about my blog, much less written anything for it.  A lot has changed and a lot has stayed the same.  I am a new Grandma.  My beautiful grandson was born 5 1/2 weeks early.  Today is day 31 in NICU.  If all continues to go well, he will be able to go home in the next week.  Since his actual due date is a week from today, that would be a good thing.  I am sure I am hopelessly biased, but he is the the most beautiful baby ever!  We will be visiting them next week and I hope to finally have the chance to hold him.

On another note, John and I are retiring June 30 and will be moving to a family home in his hometown of Hope.  We have a lot to do to get the house ready to move into, but I think we can be ready to complete the move in July.  We hope to start the remodeling next month when we are off for Christmas break.  The outside of the house has just been painted so we just have interior work to do this winter.

Everything else is much the same.  I am still trying to finish quilts and scrapbook and read and cook more.  John and I are making plans for the things we hope to do when we retire.  The world is a scary place.  God is bigger than all the scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment