Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Days

We weren't supposed to get much snow and I didn't expect any at all. I went to bed on Sunday night - February 7 - without even considering that I might need to check the roads on Monday morning. I woke up around 3:00 and tossed and turned until Maggie needed to go out at 4:30. To my amazement, the ground was covered. By 4:40, I had received an email that school was closed. As a 12-month employee, I had to report to work anyway. In spite of the snow and sleet, I made it to work safely. Around 11:15, the superintendent decided to send us home because the roads were getting really bad. Daddy was in town for a doctor's appointment and by that time, had made it safely back to the house. We spent a great afternoon entering his family tree on Ancestry.com, looking at old photos, and cooking. The snow was beautiful and I took some pictures without getting out in it. I always walk around in the snow but this snow was heavy and wet - which made for good coverage and great snowman making - but wet clothes pretty quickly. When all was said and done, the schools were closed through Wednesday and federal court was canceled on Monday and Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment