Sunday, May 31, 2009

Time to Ride

The rain that has been so persistent during the month of May finally stopped last week and that meant that I finally got to log some miles on my bicycle. This month I was only able to ride 102.18 miles and 64.5 of them have been in the last 7 days. My muscles are weary but it is pretty motivating to see the miles add up. Of course - John rode more miles - as he has almost every month that we have been riding together. He encourages me with the words, "you do other things too - I ride a bike." That is true and I am not sorry that I do other things. I just wish I had time to do it all. (Maybe that's called retirement.) Our goal is still 50-62 miles in the Tour de Rock in 2 weeks. That's a long shot but I'm going to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment