Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mt. Pleasant, TX

Saturday morning in Mt Pleasant was sunny and warm - just what John and I wanted for the first organized ride of the year. About 100 riders gathered for a "Ride with the Eagles" - a fund raiser for the arts department of the North Texas Community College. We signed up to ride 43 miles. The route was beautiful - all rural, lots of farms and fields and wildflowers. One hill after another, major wind,and washboard roads changed my mind about the 43 miles. John rode the entire route which was actually just over 45 miles. I, however, turned off onto another route and was just PROUD to finish with 36 miles. Back in Hope - we rode again on Sunday. I finished the weekend with just over 50 miles and John had a metric 100 - just over 62 miles. I know for sure that I need to figure out the "numb feet" problem that bothers me after about 15 miles AND I have to learn how to ride up hills.

1 comment:

  1. Letitia,

    I am so amazed at all you do. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete